Initial Design Visit
The Initial Design Visit is an opportunity for you to enjoy the benefit of a professional’s eye on the garden design potential of your plot.
This garden design meeting between you and the designer does not give you an all singing, all dancing garden design straight away.
The creation of a full garden design takes time, creative energy, practical application, communication.
But you can discover whether your hopes for your garden are achievable without committing yourself to a huge initial outlay. The Initial Garden Design Visit enables you to discuss your requirements – needs, wants and budget – and other aspects relevant to your garden with an expert. It can help to make you more aware of what you would like for your garden and how this might be achieved.
A nominal fee is made for the Initial Design Visit. This is discountable against the full Design Fee whether that is to design your whole garden or to create a planting design.
This fee includes the visit to your garden (on site work) and work off site both before and after the Initial Design Visit.
The fee for this service starts from £95 for planting designs, £125 for garden designs, including VAT
We will have agreed the fee with you beforehand, as all gardens vary.
Included in the fee
Before Initial Design Visit
- Questionnaire filled in by client and returned to us in advance of the meeting
- Communication by email and phone
At Initial Design Visit
Approximate duration of time in your garden would be 45 – 60 minutes for planting design; 1 – 1.5 hours for garden design.
Topics for discussion
- Your brief and desires for garden
- Your budget
- Suggestions and options from our designer
- A look at Plews portfolio for examples and ideas
- Ballpark figures for some elements of design options
- Planting designs only – a brief border analysis is carried out
Follow-up after Initial Design Visit
- Tasks for you to do – for example, visiting patio showrooms
- Tasks for us to do – for example
- send you photos as reminders of plants and fencing suggestions
- Design brief and fee sent to you for consideration
- Design brief and fee agreed
The Garden Design or Planting Design process continues. It is no longer part of Initial Design Visit. Please follow this link for information on the garden design process
However you may need something different from Plews Garden Design?
- If you would like to learn how to enjoy your garden more, we offer Gardening Lessons where your garden is the classroom.
- If you have a particular problem with your garden – a soggy lawn, or plants that may be toxic to your toddler, our Garden Advice and Consultancy services may be more appropriate.
Plews Garden Design is an award winning family run business offering Garden Design, Gardening Lessons, Garden Consultancy to clients in London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and the Home Counties and across the UK.
In September 2015, we separated the landscape gardener element to become Plews Garden Landscaping our sibling company. They offer landscape gardening services both for Plews Garden Design and directly with their own clients.
The Plews partners, Marie (garden designer and garden consultant) and Nathan (garden landscaper) have also written and published eBooks and articles. Marie writes a weekly blog – Plews Potting Shed – on a range of gardening topics.