Would you like to know how to properly garden in your own garden?
Plews offers Gardening Lessons and Gardening Courses where your own garden is your classroom to do just that.
Gardening Lessons and Gardening Course topics include: –
- The Year in Your Garden – Lessons
- The Edible Garden
- Practical Gardening the basics
- Practical Gardening intermediate
Plews Gardening Lessons are a mix of practical, hands on demonstration and guided practice. And as much of the theory behind the ‘why’ of gardening as you need or would like to know. You’ll be taught by Marie Shallcross, who is a:
- qualified gardening teacher and garden designer
- member of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture and the Professional Garden Consultants Association
- and a hands-on gardener herself
Over the years, Marie has gardened window boxes, five acres and most sizes in between, in different areas of Britain. She uses her practical experience and qualifications to find the easiest way for you to enjoy gardening in your garden.
Plews Gardening Lessons are taught by a qualified gardening teacher and your garden is your classroom.
Gardening courses can be flexible to suit your level of gardening knowledge and the idiosyncrasies of your own garden. Because let’s face it; most people would like to know how to garden in their own garden first.
The Ideal Gift
We offer Gardening Gift Vouchers which are an ideal way to arrange gardening lessons for friends, family, yourself!
Contact us for more details
Gardening courses may consist of: –
- A series of 3-6 short lessons; these could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly, at a time of year to suit your garden;
- Garden lessons spread across the growing season, e.g. for edible gardens;
- A gardening course spread monthly over the year;
- Half day gardening lessons may be more suitable for larger gardens;
- Longer half day and whole day gardening lessons are also available as standalone sessions;
- We can be flexible – you and your garden are different to everyone else, after all!
As far as we are aware, these personalised Gardening Lessons and Gardening Courses in your own garden with someone of Marie’s expertise are unique.
No-one else with this range of knowledge offers this service to those who want to learn about their own garden, not just about general gardening.
More than one of you wants to learn?
Plews Gardening Lessons and Courses are usually run on a one-to-one basis. However, teaching couples or as a family project, introducing both parents and children to their garden, are possible.
Small groups of up to four friends are another possibility, although the format is slightly different. One of the Gardening Lessons would take place in each person’s garden in turn. so that both general gardening topics as well as items specific to that person’s garden can be discussed and practised
Other Gardening Lessons and Gardening Courses available include:
- Botanical Latin
- Forest gardening
- Propagation techniques
- Organic pest and disease control
And just to give you a flavour of the fun and learning, you could read our blog…So What Might a Plews Gardening Lesson Be Like?
Then you could Contact us for more details and to discuss your gardening lesson topics of interest!
Plews Garden Design is an award winning family run business offering Garden Design, Garden Consultancy and Advice, Gardening Lessons and Courses to clients in London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and the Home Counties and across the UK.
Marie Shallcross, your Gardening Teacher, has written and published eBooks and magazine articles, and writes an award winning weekly blog – Plews Potting Shed – on a range of gardening topics.