At Plews, we have always taken regulation seriously and tried to do things right. This applies equally to the information we hold on you and how we dispose of your garden waste during a project.
You can be assured that we aim to always look after the information you have given us with as much care as we would expect others to look after our details.
- We do not share or sell any personal details with third-parties for commercial purposes.
- Your information is only held as long as is necessary or is required by law.
- The minimum details required to carry out the service are held in each instance.
The service providers we use to provide, support and maintain the benefits and services we offer you are all GDPR compliant. In the case of those with USA links, data transfer is covered by the Privacy Shield Framework.
What information do we hold and for how long?
- Only your name and email address are held by ourselves.
- The service provider creates a number for you and holds this alongside your name and email address. If you unsubscribe we delete your personal details and the anonymous number allows for our statistics to not be affected.
- Where you are purchasing an eBook, PayPal deals with the monetary transaction. Certain information is required to be kept for tax purposes.
- We are informed of your name and email address when you download any eBook or PDF file from the Plews website. We will keep this information for up to 5 years following your download in case there is a query over copyright infringement.
- As a client we are required to hold your details for tax purposes for up to six years following completion of your project or service.
- Depending on the nature of the service we have provided, we are required to hold your details for up to 11 years for insurance purposes.
- Where we have provided goods with manufacturers’ or retailers’ guarantees, those details and yours will be kept for the length of the guarantee period.
- Your data is held manually and / or digitally. It may be held solely by Plews or may be held with a third party (see below).
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- CRM systems – which support us and enable us to carry out the best services to you, including eBook and eNewsletter subscriptions
- business associates
- suppliers and other professionals in order for them to carry out their service to you as part of the overall service we are providing
- representatives of a client processing if so instructed by the client
- current, past or prospective employers of our employees
- government and other agencies where we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, law enforcement
Any such data sharing is carried out strictly in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR legislation, under appropriate contractual terms to prevent mis-use of your personal details. In the case of those with USA links, data transfer is covered by the Privacy Shield Framework.
If you have any queries, please get in contact with us.