The Management of your Garden Project is one of the services we offer to make your life less stressful during the landscaping of your garden
Management your Garden Project is a distinct role and service, not to be confused with that of garden designer or landscaper. Although there are some cross-over tasks, the mindset and focus is different.
The Management of your Garden Project is where Plews will oversee your garden landscaping project from start to finish, organising the construction of patio, decking, fencing, pergola, raised beds, pond, planting; this involves a large degree of work off-site as well as on-site.
The Management role for landscaping the garden following the creation of the garden design is likely to include the following tasks:
- Includes work before, during and some subsequent to project
- Meetings and discussions on-site and off-site with landscaper
- Sourcing, ordering, purchasing, delivery of materials
- Putting together estimates and quotes
- Developing a schedule
- Planning construction site logistics
- Looking ahead to anticipate potential problems and initiating action to deal with or avoid them (real time scheduling)
- Scheduling & overseeing work
- Site visits
- Budget; including keeping track of the budget, paying suppliers and workforce where applicable
- General administration
- Keeping client informed as to progress through discussions & meetings before during and subsequent to the project; face to face, email, phone about any aspect of the project; as required.
- Discussions with suppliers, sub contractors, trades, artisans, other experts, local planning officials and any others as required.
Further details will be made available to clients during the garden design process and the best option for them and their garden landscaping project will be agreed upon.
Plews also offers a Management service for existing clients for a special occasion. For example, creating a stage set in your garden by organising special planting, sculptors, marquee erectors and florists for a wedding.
Plews Garden Design is an award winning family run business offering Garden Design, Gardening Lessons, Garden Consultancy – Gardening Advice and Horticultural Consultancy – to clients in London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex, the Home Counties and across the UK.
Plews Garden Landscaping, our sister company, provides a wide range of landscaping, specialist maintenance, tree care and other gardening services.
Marie Shallcross, Plews Garden Designer, has written and published eBooks and articles, and writes a weekly blog – Plews Potting Shed – on a range of gardening topics.